League of Legends: $5,000 1v1 - NA - Rules
Map and Game Mode
Howling Abyss - Blind Pick
League of Legends $5,000 Singles LADDER
OFFICIAL RULES VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
Pro Gaming League Inc. (“Pro Gaming League” or “PGL”), will conduct this League of Legends $5,000 Singles Ladder (the “Tournament”) in accordance with these official rules (the “Official Rules”), unless otherwise indicated. By participating in the Tournament, each participant agrees to abide by the Official Rules and decisions of judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
1. Description of Tournament/Participation.
A. Dates of Tournament: Registration for the online ladder portion of the Tournament will begin on June 27th, 2013, and end on August 30th, 2013, 10:00PM EST. The roster lock date for the Tournament is August 16th, 2013 at 10:00PM EST. The bracket online portion of the Tournament will take place through August 31st to September 1st following the end of the online ladder portion. Times will be automatically scheduled for the bracketed portion of the tournament. Participants must first register for the online ladder portion of the Tournament in order to be eligible to qualify for the bracket online portion of the Tournament.
B. How to Enter: You must be an active and registered member of PGL’s network of sites (the “PGL Site”) to enter. Please provide a valid e-mail address on your profile, as e-mail will be the primary method of contact. Tournament registration is on a first come first serve basis and is open until all Tournament spots are filled. Participants are limited to one entry per person. Valid Tournament entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified. All entries become the property of PGL and will not be acknowledged or returned. PGL is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, or misdirected entries. PGL, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or who otherwise violates the Official Rules.
C. How to Play: The online ladder portion of the Tournament will be an open challenge system and participants are required to schedule their own games. The top 32 teams from the ladder (or another number of teams to be determined by PGL, depending on participation levels in the Tournament) will be seeded into a single elimination best of 3 bracketed online tournament at the end of the ladder season. All bracket matches will be automatically scheduled for participants for each specific round. All Tournament games must be played under the rules set forth for the Tournament.
2. Prize(s).The first place team of the Tournament will win $3,000 USD total. The second place team of the Tournament will win $2,000 USD total. The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) is limited to one prize package per household. Prizes are non-transferable and not exchangeable for any other prize. In the case of unavailability of prize, PGL reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes, gratuities and unspecified expenses are the sole responsibility of winner. Winner assumes all liability for use of the prize.
Winners will be notified by e-mail and/or private message on the PGL Site within approximately seven (7) days after the end of the Tournament. Winners will be required to follow the instructions in such email and/or private message by submitting a ticket within seven (7) days of this first notification. After submission of the ticket, PGL will e-mail to the winner an Affidavit of Eligibility, a liability/publicity release, a parental consent form and tax forms. The winner will be required to sign and return to PGL such documents, as applicable, within seven (7) days of PGL’s e-mail, which contained such documents. If winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days of any notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with the Official Rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate, in PGL’s sole discretion.
3. Eligibility and Limitations.All participants must be legal residents of the United States or Canada, and at least 13 years old as of date of entry. Children under 13 are not eligible to win prizes. If requested by PGL, winners must provide a copy of his/her government issued photo ID with proof of age. A parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor in his/her jurisdiction (under 18 years old, except in Alabama and Nebraska where a minor is under 19 years old) at the time of entry must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize. If a minor wins a prize, the prize will be awarded to the parent or legal guardian who signs the release. Minors who do not have a signed release will not be permitted to receive a prize. Prizing is limited to only one (1) prize per household. Employees of PGL, the Tournament's participating sponsors and their respective advertising agencies, and respective members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. However PGL pro players are exempt from this rule. The Tournament is void where prohibited by law.
4. Conditions.PGL is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by users of the PGL Site or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized on the PGL Site or in the Tournament or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of registrations, entries into the Tournament, or otherwise in connection with the Tournament including, without limitation, any technical limitation or other event that results in the disqualification or loss of ranking status of any participant in the Tournament. PGL assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, or communications line failure relating to the PGL Site or the Tournament, or for any theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any registration materials or entries. PGL is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone, network, satellite, cable or lines, computer, on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail, registrations or entry submissions on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or combination thereof in connection with the PGL Site or the Tournament, including, without limitation, any technical limitation or other event that results in the disqualification or loss of ranking status of any Player in any Game. PGL is not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating, downloading or uploading materials from the PGL Site or in connection with the Tournament. Any use of robotic, automatic, micro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any person using such methods. If, for any reason, the Tournament, in PGL's sole opinion, is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of PGL which, in PGL's sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Tournament, PGL reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Tournament and proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by PGL in its sole discretion.
IN NO EVENT WILL PGL, THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, SUPPLIERS, AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR RESPECTIVE SPONSORS, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR PARTNERS OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR: (A) ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND UNDER ANY THEORY (WHETHER CONTRACT, TORT, WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS OR TOURNAMENT PRIZES, ARISING OUT OF ANY PARTICIPANT'S ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE PGL SITE OR PARTICIPATION IN THE TOURNAMENT OR (B) FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND IN EXCESS OF ANY FEE PAID BY YOU (IF ANY) TO ENTER THE TOURNAMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE PGL SITE AND IN CONNECTION WITH THE TOURNAMENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN LIABILITY OR WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, PGL'S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
5. Publicity.By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant PGL permission to use their names, nick-names, gamertags, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this Tournament and other tournaments, in perpetuity, throughout the world, and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use, except where prohibited.
6. Release.By participating, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against PGL, their respective employees, volunteers, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, and related companies, their respective sponsors, advertising and promotion agencies and partners, and any of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents , from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death, arising out of participation in the Tournament or the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize. If any part of the Official Rules shall be held or declared to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be ineffective but shall not affect any other part of the Official Rules and the invalid portion of any provision shall be deemed modified to the least degree necessary to remedy such invalidity while retaining the original intent of the parties. The failure of PGL to partially or fully exercise any rights or the waiver by PGL of any breach of the Official Rules by you, shall not prevent a subsequent exercise of such right by PGL or be deemed a waiver by PGL of any subsequent breach by you of the same or any other term of the Official Rules. The rights and remedies of PGL under the Official Rules shall be cumulative, and the exercise of any right or remedy shall not limit a right to exercise any other right or remedy hereunder. In case of dispute, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of registration. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7. Taxes.Each winner is solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes. PGL is not responsible for any unspecified expenses which shall be the responsibility of winners.
8. Conduct and Decisions.By participating in the Tournament, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of PGL, its employees, volunteers, judges and any other PGL personnel. All decisions of the Tournament organizers or of their representatives regarding the Tournament are final and not appealable. Participants must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner, maintaining a friendly and polite demeanor to competitors, Tournament officials, and to other participants of the Tournament. Participants who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Tournament, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. PGL will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules of the Tournament and PGL's decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Tournament is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of PGL, PGL reserves the right to terminate the Tournament, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as PGL deems appropriate. PGL reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds (a) to be tampering with the registration or entry process or the operation of the PGL Site or the Tournament; (b) be acting in violation of the Official Rules; (c) to be hacking, or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (d) to have provided any false or misleading information as part of the registration process including, without limitation, any false names, addresses or e-mail addresses. All decisions will be made by PGL and are final. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THE TOURNAMENT, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE TOURNAMENT IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, PGL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Miscellaneous.If for any reason, the Tournament, in PGL's sole opinion, is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of PGL which, in PGL's sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Tournament, PGL reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Tournament and proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by PGL in its sole discretion.
10. Governing Law.This Tournaments Rules and websites Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions, and you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of and venue in the courts of the Province of Ontario located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, in all disputes arising out of or relating to the Services. Notwithstanding any other provisions of these Terms and Conditions, we may seek injunctive or other equitable relief from any court of competent jurisdiction. You agree that any dispute that cannot be resolved between the parties shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. We make no representation that this Site is operated in accordance with the laws or regulations of, or governed by, other nations. By utilizing the Services and participating in Site activities, you certify that you meet the age and other eligibility requirements for the Site and the Services set forth in the Terms and Conditions. If you do not meet the age and other eligibility requirements, please discontinue using the Site and the Services immediately.
11. Use of Data.
General Ladder1. Teams are limited to 1 player per team.
2. This ladder is restricted to North American players only.
Challenges1. Teams cannot challenge each other more than 3 times a day.
Team Rosters1. It is both teams responsibility to verify both team rosters to verify the eligibility of all players playing in the match prior to starting a match. Any team playing with an ineligible player will forfeit the match.
2. The only player eligible to play in the match is the players from the team roster. Once a match is confirmed, the eligible players from both teams will be displayed on the match card.
3. All gamertags on a team’s roster must be valid. The gamertag must match the gamertags seen on the match card.
4. Teams have 10 minutes from the scheduled start time to replace any ineligible players with a eligible substitute from the teams roster.
5. In the even that your opponent has an ineligible player, please submit a ticket to customer support along with any valid proof showing the ineligible player.
6. Team rosters will lock 2 weeks prior to the end of the season at which point no player can be added or removed from the team’s roster.
Matches1. The higher ranked team on the ladder will host the game. The higher ranked team is determined by the team position closer to 1st on the ladder.
No Shows1. Teams have 10 minutes from the scheduled start time to be ready and begin the match. For a team to be considered ready, all members must be present and ready to play. In the event that one team is not ready to play after 10 minutes, the team that is ready to play may submit a no show result. The higher ranked team is required to invite the lower ranked team to the match.
2. Do not report that you have won the match. To receive a no show win, you will need to submit a match issue within 30 minutes of the scheduled start time. If you have any evidence, be sure to submit it in your ticket.
Disconnected Game1. In the event of a disconnect in the match is to be continued. Disconnected player may rejoin the match and continue playing.
Cancellations1. If you need to cancel a match prior to the scheduled start time of a match, simply open the match card and select the ‘Request Cancel’ button on the top left hand side of the match card. You will then be prompted to enter your reason for cancelling the match. A notification will appear on your screen indicating whether your opponent accepted or refused your request to cancel the match
Reporting1. Both team are responsible for reporting the math within 15 minutes of its completion. If neither team reports the results of the match within 24 hours, the match will be cancelled. Both teams are awarded (bonus XP for reporting the match results.) If your opponents report incorrect match results you will need to dispute the match results. Both teams are required to submit a ticket to support including any valid proof. Match disputes may take up to 3 hours to be resolved.
2. Teams that fail to report matches and or intentionally dispute match results will be penalized. Intentionally disputing match results is defined as reporting match results that the player knows to be false.
3. Teams found intentionally reporting the loss for a match without playing the match or found reporting the win prior to playing the match will be penalized.
4. All matches must be reported correctly. Any issues during or post match must be reported once the match is completed. You can then submit a ticket with valid proof to be verified by out customer support team. .
Tickets1. To submit a ticket prior to the start of a match simply go to the support page by selecting the ‘Support’ tab on the top right hand side of the screen. From there you can crate and submit a ticket to customer support. You can track all you open tickets from the support page as well.
2. In the event that your opponent reports incorrect or false match results, you will be asked to confirm of dispute those reported results. If you choose to dispute the results your opponent has reported you will be prompted to fill out the dispute form. Select the reason for disputing and add any additional information. Please add any evidence you have to have your issue resolved as quickly as possible.
3. If the match results have been set and you would like to dispute those results you can do this by selecting the ‘Submit An Issue’ link on the top left hand side of the match card. You will be prompted to fill out a match ticket form. Select your reason for disputing and add any additional information. Please add any evidence you have to have your issue resolved as quickly as possible.
4. You can contact customer support at any time using the “Support” tab on the top right hand side of any page of the site. Select your issue, the subject of your ticket and tell us everything you can about your issue. Attach any evidence to you have to have your issue resolved as quickly as possible. You can view any of your current and past tickets from the same “Support” tab.
Proof1. All proof submitted in your ticket must be for the match in question. Incorrect evidence will delay your issue form being resolved.
2. You can attach all evidence when submitting your ticket as an attachment or URL link.
3. Your evidence must be clear and concise. The best forms of evidence are video and photo evidence that include the date, time, all player names, final score and the your issue.
4. For all cheating or glitching claims, the burden of proof is on the accuser.